CitiRide Bronx & Westchester - Sunday May 10, 2015: Van Cortlandt Park to White Plains.
This ride has a few hills and a short section that is on hard packed dirt. However, it is also mostly on a CAR-FREE route taking advantage of the South County Trail and Bicycle Sundays along the Bronx River Parkway
to White Plains.
We'll meet at the corner of West 242nd Street and Broadway, closest to the park at 10.00am. This location is across the street from the #1 subway. The distance is approximately 30 miles. If you prefer a shorter distance, you can return via Metro North railroad from White Plains. RSVP to ensure you get the Ride Reminder E-Mail with latest updates for this ride that will be sent on Thursday May 7th.
If you're not a member yet, this is a free ride! Just e-mail us so, we know to expect you. Current OutCycling members are welcome to bring a guest and can RSVP below.
The CitiRide Series for 2015 will visit all the boroughs of New York.
- Recreational for all riding levels
- Riding speed will be approximately 9-12 miles per hour
- Routes will be designed to take advantage of dedicated and designated bike paths
- Riders should be comfortable riding with traffic as necessary
- Rides are round-trip, from starting point, but optional public transportation will be pointed out
- Fun facts and information will be shared with the group
- We'll include iconic stopping points and light lunch options
- SAFETY is a priority (your bicycle needs to be in good working order, helmets are required and riders shall obey traffic rules and laws.
- Riders should bring cash for food and incidentals
- Rides are based on appropriate weather and riding conditions. RSVP to get the latest ride details.